1. --- do you improve your listening?
--- I improve it listening to tapes.
A. What, by B. How, by C. What, with D. How, on
2. My sister used to school by bus, but now she goes there on foot.
A. goes B. went C. to go D. go
3. When we practice speaking English, we often end up in Chinese.
A. speak B. spoken C. spoke D. speaking
4. I think Larry should stop that silly earrings.
A. to wear B. to put on C. wearing D. wear
5. The boy said he was afraid of alone.
A. be B. being C. is D. are
6. If I you, I would not do such a silly thing.
A. am B. was C. were D. is
7. I would rather at home than to a party.
A. stay, go B. to stay, go C. stay, to go D. to stay, to go
8. , I don’t like the way he talks with others.
A. To be honest B. Speaking honest
C. To my surprise D. To my honest
9. I’m really shy and I don’t enjoy parties. I don’t know anyone there?
A. How about B. What if C. If D. Why not
10. Many teachers think most of students spend much time computers.
A. to play B. played C. playing D. Play
11. When Jack arrived, Mary ________ for almost an hour.
A. had gone B. had set off C. had left D. had been away
12. --It’s too hot. Would you mind ________ the door?
-- ________. Please do it now.
A. to open; OK B. opening; Certainly not
C. opening; Of course D. to open; Good idea
13. The soldier asked the doctor ________ any more time ________ his leg.
A. don’t spend; on B. not spend; in C. didn’t spend; in D. not to spend; on
14. Each person will have between one half to one square metres of space ________.
A. to live B. to live on C. to live in D. to be lived
15. Chinese people were cheering at the most ________ moment when Liu Xiang brokethe world record.
A. excited B. to excite C. excite D. exciting
16. From the following note, we know ________ telephone number is 2860384.
From: Tony To: Bob
Date: October 1st Time: 8:
Message: Please call him. His telephone number is 2860384.
A. Bob’s B. Tony and Bob’s C. Jim’s D. Tony’s
17. Her hair is ________.
A. the same colour as her mother B. the same colour with her mother’s
C. same colour as that of her mother D. the same colour as that of her mother’s
18. There is no ________ plane as yours in the box.
A. such a beautiful B. such beautiful a C. so a beautiful D. such beautiful
19. What do you think ________ her ________?
A. make; sad B. makes; sadly C. made; sad D. made; sadly
20. How long have you ________?
A. borrowed the book B. bought the bike
C. been back D. received the letter
21. Hearing that she ________ the entrance exam to the university, Judy is thrilled.
A. has failed in B. is succeeded in
C. is failed in D. has succeeded in
22. --How nice the music sounds!
--It does! The peaceful music will make you feel ________.
A. excited B. bored C. moved D. relaxed
23. ________ spending our vacation in hotel, why not try hiking in the country?
A. Instead of B. Because of C. Thanks to D. As for
24. --Do you have twenty dollars with you?
--I want to buy a suit.
A. What for B. When can you pay me back
C. How much D. How do you know
25. Teachers often tell us ________ pens in class. We should be ________ to listen to them.
A. not to play; careful enough B. not to play; enough careful
C. not to play with; careful enough D. not to play with; enough careful
26. These shoes look nice. Would you like to .
27. We must the times.
28. our environment is your duty.
29. The scientists for the South Pole last month.
30. --- Excuse me, how many books can I borrow at a time?
31. This kind of paper feel (柔软的).
32. He never paid any (注意) to what others say.
33. Teenagers will have chances of (实现) their dreams.
34. The books on that (架子) are mine.
35. Don’t (担忧), I can help you.
A professor told students to go into the city slums(贫民窟) to study the life of 200 boys. He asked them to 36 reports (报告)about each boy’s life and future. Most of the students wrote, “He doesn’t have any hope.”
Twenty-five years 37 , another professor read about the earlier reports. He told his students to 38 what happened to the boys, They tried very hard and found that 176 of the boys had become successful 39 doctors, teachers or scientists.
The professor was very 40 and decided to study it further. Luckily, all the men were living in the same city and he was able to visit and ask each one,” What made you 41 ?”
They all answered, “They had a good teacher.”
The teacher was 42 living there, so the professor found her and asked the old lady 43 she had pulled those boys out of the slum, and changed them into successful people. The teacher’s 44 began to shine and said with a sweet smile, “It’s really very easy, I 45 those boys. I’m proud of them.”
( ) 36. A. read B. study C. write D. sleep
( ) 38. A. search B. find out C. look for D. look up
( ) 39. A. for B. like C. as D. to
( ) 40. A. glad B. surprised C. worried D. happy
( ) 41. A. surprising B. successful C. famous D. careful
( ) 42. A. already B. even C. still D. just
( ) 43. A. how B. where C. when D. what
( ) 44. A. face B. eyes C. mouth D. arm
( ) 45. A. taught B. loved C. helped D. gave
Miss Wu is a young teacher of English in
Miss Wu made a plan like this:
•talk with an Englishman every Sunday for two hours to learn more English expressions;
•write some English expressions on cards. These cards not only remind her to use English in class, but also help her remember some expressions;
•have a five-minute talk in English with students before class.
She used body language to help her if students could not understand.
One year later, she found she could use English freely in class.
46. Miss Wu .
A. has a poor memory B. is a teacher of Chinese
C. loves her job D. is angry with the headmaster
47. The headmaster came to Miss Wu’s class to .
A. write some English expressions on cards
B. help her improve her English teaching
C. give instructions to the students
D. get feedback from the students
48. After the headmaster left, Miss Wu realized that she should in her class.
A. use more Chinese B. use more English
C. use half English and half Chinese D. use body language
49. What does the underlined word “remind” mean?
A. 提醒 B. 阻止 C. 宽恕 D. 依赖
50. What is the main idea of this passage?
A. Use cards in English teaching B. Talk with English-speaking people
C. Speak more English in English class D. Learn more English expressions
Jess really felt very happy. When he arrived at his seat in the classroom that morning, he found an invitation (请柬) on his desk. It was from several of his classmates asking him to join them on a camping trip. This was the first time he was asked to join in an out-of-school activity. Why were they asking him now? Nobody seemed to like him. In fact, he had been so lonely that he drowned his feeling with food. As a result, he had put on a lot of weight, and this gave the kids something more to make fun of him.
Cindy, who was standing near Jess when he read the invitation, went out quickly to tell the others that the trick (恶作剧) had worked. Everyone was pleased that Jess thought that was true. But there was no camping trip. The whole thing was made up.
At first, Cindy thought it was fun. But later, when Jess told her that he was going to buy a sleeping bag with his savings (积蓄), Cindy had a second idea. She knew that Jess’s family had little money, and she hated to see him spend his savings on something he would never use. Cindy also hated to tell Jess the truth. Her close friends would be angry with her.
What could she do now?
51. The sentence “…he drowned his feeling with food” means “ “.
A. he ate a lot to make himself feel less lonely
B. he asked for a lot of food from his classmates
C. he brought his food to his classmates
D. he had a lot of food to put on weight
52. What would happen if Cindy told Jess the truth?
A. Jess would go on the camping trip himself.
B. Jess’s family would be angry with Cindy.
C. Cindy might have trouble with her friends.
D. Jess would be thankful to his classmates.
53. If Jess really bought a sleeping bag, .
A. everyone else would also buy one B. it would be the best in the class
C. Cindy would pay for it D. He would have it for no use
54. From the story we can guess .
A. everybody would go camping in the class
B. Jess had few friends in the class
C. Cindy was Jess’s best friend in the class
D. Jess joined in many out-of-school activities
55. Choose the best title for this passage.
A. Jess and His School B. Jess and His Friends
C. An Invitation for Jess D. Jess and His Camping Tip
I will always remember my mother’s last few days in this world.
On February 14th, 2000, my class went on a field trip to the beach. I had so much fun. When we returned to school, my teacher told me to go to the headmaster’s office. When I got into the office, I saw a police officer. Suddenly I realized something was wrong. The police officer told me what had happened and we went to pick my sister up. After that, we went to the hospital and waited. Time went slowly. Finally, we got to see our mother. It was terrible.
On the next day, the headmaster came and told my two teachers what had happened. I was taking a rest that day. I knew it had something to do with my mother. I kept thinking that she either died or had gotten better. How I wished that she had gotten better. When my teacher took me outside, my sister ran up to me. She started crying, “She’s gone. Teresa, mommy’s gone. She’s dead.” I couldn’t believe it. We jumped into the car and drove straight to the hospital. Most of my family were there. The silence was terrible. I knew I had to say goodbye.
Today when I look back, I still miss my mother very much, but I know that I will live. My mother was a strong mother, who had the biggest heart. My mother was an angel walking on the earth. I will always remember her as living. When someone is asked who their hero (英雄) is, they usually say someone famous, like Michael Jordan or Britney Spears. When someone asks me who my hero is, I tell them, my mother. My mother lives every day. That is what makes her a true hero.
56. Where was the writer when she learned her mother was very ill?
A. On the beach. B. At the hospital. C. At school. D. At home.
57. Who brought the writer the bad news that her mother was ill?
A. Her sister. B. The headmaster. C. Her teacher. D. The police officers.
58. What did the headmaster tell the two teachers on the next day?
A. Her mother had been very ill. B. Her mother had been dead.
C. Her mother had gotten better. D. Her sister came to see her.
59. From the last paragraph of the passage we know that ______.
A. the writer is afraid of her mother B. the writer is proud of her mother
C. the writer feels sad about her mother D. the writer feels sorry for her mother
60. The writer must think her mother is a ______ woman.
A. famous B. free C. rich D. great
新生课程咨询:56959395 知春路801# 知春路智学一对一802# 上地803# 万柳809# 学院路805# 柚子中学807#